Mission of ME-PD
To build a Master Teachers Community dedicated to improving the craft of teaching in order to help all students reach their highest potential.
Learning outcomes of mission. Every LC graduate student will…
- Improve content and pedagogical knowledge.
- Experience professional and personal transformation.
- Conduct action research.
- Utilize authentic assessment.
- Exhibit teacher leadership.
- Improve PK-16 student learning.
- Support PK-16 student development and self efficacy.
Values (How must we behave):
We are committed to…
Excellence in Academics, therefore we will…
- lead with passion and professionalism
- cultivate resourcefulness
- model best practices
- communicate effectively
Reflective Practice, therefore we will…
- engage in constant assessment and evaluation
- seek to understand
- strive for continuous improvement
- listen, question and provide feedback to self and others
Learning in Community, therefore we will…
- foster collaborative learning
- embrace the art of facilitation
- value human diversity and complexity
- create and maintain a safe, respectful and ethical environment where all voices are honored
Empowerment, therefore we will…
- focus on students
- include and honor all stakeholders
- inspire teacher leaders
- challenge students to use their voice to advocate for others